travel

New Format, New Features

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It's a happy day.

Well, friends, as I'm sure you've noticed by the mere fact of pulling up the site, things look a little different around here. I've been in the process of giving The Write Things a facelift as I've been thinking about where to direct my writing from here.  With a sleek new minimalist design that (I hope) is more user-friendly and with more direct access to social media, I'm hoping to help generate more conversation!



Here's what you can expect from the blog this year as we embark on new adventures:
  • Writing advice, encouragement and challenges
  • Film and book reviews
  • Travel writing based around literary themes
  • Education/college tips with a focus on academic writing
  • A few quippy, snarky pieces of life commentary (Case in point "To The Drunk Men Behind Me in Aisle 23")
  • Contests and giveaways 
It's pretty safe to say that it'll be a good time.

But most importantly, I want to hear from YOU!

If you're a budding writer with something to say, I'm looking for guest pieces to share. I'll include a link to your own site in exchange for a link to mine.  I'll be accepting pitches for articles, flash fiction and poetry.

If you're a published writer looking to promote your work, I'm looking for writer interviews and guest pieces. I also would love to host more book giveaways in the future after the success of my first giveaway, featuring Dani Pettrey — you can check out what went down here.

So, it's been pretty exciting.

In Notting Hill - I looked for Hugh Grant, but alas, he was nowhere to be found.
I'd also like to direct your attention to a few of my new favorite blogs. Go check them out, give them your support and let's build a community of writers together.

"Lucy's Life" blog shares adorable and witty posts about life, art and whimsical musings by the lovely Lucy Rose Till. Give her a site a look!

"Fictionally Obsessed" is a YA book blog by Cody and Olivia.  They share fun book reviews and great advice for teen bloggers!

"Paper Fury" by Cait is the refurbished blog once known as The Notebook Sisters. It's a must-see for teen bloggers and writers.  

"Loony Literate", once The Loony Teen Writer, is the Australian writing blog by Emily Mead. I've enjoyed her quirky sense of humor and unique approach for quite a while and I hope you will, too!


I look forward to new posts, new conversations, new debates and ideas about writing and art. Please comment below if you have a blog to share OR if you're interested in being featured on The Write Things!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the plug, Ciera! What a gift!

    I'd love to write for your blog. I could do some illustrations for a post of your, if you'd like. I can't wait to explore the new blog:)

    <3 LR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be lovely Lucy Rose! We should make that happen!

      Delete
  2. I've just found your blog very recently, but I'm excited to see all of this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I love your new design!! Thank you so much for the shoutout, I really look forward to reading future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I'm pretty pleased with the new design too. Keep up the writing on your blog, too! I'll be back!

      Delete