Liebster Award!Monday, June 30, 2014
Wow!! Many, many thanks to Ana @ Butterflies Of The Imagination for the Liebster Award nomination for The Write Things! Ana runs an adorable blog on reading, writing and book reviews so be sure to check it out!
So here we go!
11 Facts About Myself:
1. My favorite sport is football. No, seriously.
2. I coach public speaking!
3. There is an inner jazz singer inside of me somewhere and I like to belt like Etta Jones.
4. My friends call me Belle because I always have a dreamy far off look and my nose stuck in a book.
5. I grew up with Disney in my backyard — it was like my childhood playground.
6. I'm addicted to coffee. Good, strong coffee. And I'm kind of picky.
7. I really, really, really like Star Wars. (Thank you to my brother.)
8. I used to want to be Katniss so badly that I dressed up like her and did a photo shoot.
9. Thanks to Samantha, the American Girl, I used to be obsessed with the early 1900s. Therefore, all of my early books are set in 1904.
10. My dream is to have a library like from Beauty and the Beast. (With the ladder. It must have the ladder.)
11. I named my first car Darcy and my camera Bennett.
Haha, oh my gosh I'm such a nerd.
My Answers to 11 Questions from Ana:
1) Would you rather live without the ability to read or without the ability to write?
I would rather not be able to write...which breaks my heart to even think about. I once heard someone say that it's a form of pride to think one should write more than read, that we have more to offer the world than to learn. While that might be a harsh way of putting it, I agree with the sentiment that good writers are good readers and that I should always have my mind and heart open to learning more.
2) What is your favorite song, and if you're Christian, what is your favorite Christian contemporary song?
My favorite song is "Poison and Wine" by The Civil Wars. And my favorite Christian contemporary song is "The Proof Of Your Love" by For King and Country.
3) What was your greatest accomplishment this year?
My greatest accomplishment was being named the Outstanding First Year Student at my dream school Wheaton College. Over the next few years, they will begin coaching me in preparation for the Rhodes Scholarship.
4) What advice do you have for newbie bloggers?
Be CONSISTENT and write good quality material.
5) What is the word count of the longest piece you've written?
130,000 words. That's about the length of Pride and Prejudice. My longest novel is called Scarlet Pointe and I finished it in my junior year of high school.
6) What is your favorite thing about your personality?
My favorite thing is my ambitious determination. Once I have my mind set on a prospect, I will do whatever it takes to achieve my goal and work with focused dedication.
7) What do you like more: sad books or funny books?
I like witty books, so I guess funny more than sad.
8) Do you speak more than one language? If so, what languages do you speak?
I studied Latin for nine years, so I can read it but we don't exactly speak Latin. I am also learning French, so I know enough to carry on a conversation.
9) Can you share a picture of your handwriting, please?
This is from when I worked as the Hospitality Coordinator for the Do Hard Things: Rebelution tour with Alex and Brett Harris.
10) Who is your favorite author?
I can't pick one! I love F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ray Bradbury.
11) Do you frequently read e-books or do you read more physical books?
I. DO. NOT. LIKE. E-BOOKS. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
They work for some people, but not me. I love the feel of old books and I have a book collection.
And these are the new blogs that I nominate!
Bloggers, congratulations! And here are your eleven questions!
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. Would you rather have the starring role in a movie only ten people see, or be an extra in a huge blockbuster hit?
3. If you could relive any day from the past year, what would it be and why?
4. What famous movie or book character do you identify with?
5. How would you describe your personality as a fashion accessory?
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
7. If you had only one day left to live, what would you do?
8. What's a secret talent you have that most people don't know about?
9. Are you a morning or night person?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. What's something you hope to accomplish or work towards this year?
Congratulations and thanks again to Ana! Now, I've got to go and inform the new bloggers of the nomination for the Liebster Award! (And don't forget to spread the word and link back to The Write Things!)
Love, Ciera ;)