liebster

Liebster Award!

Monday, June 30, 2014






Wow!! Many, many thanks to Ana @ Butterflies Of The Imagination for the Liebster Award nomination for The Write Things!  Ana runs an adorable blog on reading, writing and book reviews so be sure to check it out!
So here we go!

11 Facts About Myself:

1. My favorite sport is football.  No, seriously.

2. I coach public speaking!

3. There is an inner jazz singer inside of me somewhere and I like to belt like Etta Jones.

4. My friends call me Belle because I always have a dreamy far off look and my nose stuck in a book.

5. I grew up with Disney in my backyard — it was like my childhood playground.

6. I'm addicted to coffee.  Good, strong coffee.  And I'm kind of picky.

7. I really, really, really like Star Wars. (Thank you to my brother.) 

8. I used to want to be Katniss so badly that I dressed up like her and did a photo shoot.

9. Thanks to Samantha, the American Girl, I used to be obsessed with the early 1900s.  Therefore, all of my early books are set in 1904. 

10. My dream is to have a library like from Beauty and the Beast.  (With the ladder.  It must have the ladder.)

11. I named my first car Darcy and my camera Bennett.


Haha, oh my gosh I'm such a nerd.  


My Answers to 11 Questions from Ana:

1) Would you rather live without the ability to read or without the ability to write?
I would rather not be able to write...which breaks my heart to even think about.  I once heard someone say that it's a form of pride to think one should write more than read, that we have more to offer the world than to learn.  While that might be a harsh way of putting it, I agree with the sentiment that good writers are good readers and that I should always have my mind and heart open to learning more.

2) What is your favorite song, and if you're Christian, what is your favorite Christian contemporary song?
My favorite song is "Poison and Wine" by The Civil Wars.  And my favorite Christian contemporary song is "The Proof Of Your Love" by For King and Country.

3) What was your greatest accomplishment this year?    
My greatest accomplishment was being named the Outstanding First Year Student at my dream school Wheaton College.  Over the next few years, they will begin coaching me in preparation for the Rhodes Scholarship.

4) What advice do you have for newbie bloggers?
Be CONSISTENT and write good quality material.

5) What is the word count of the longest piece you've written?
130,000 words.  That's about the length of Pride and Prejudice.  My longest novel is called Scarlet Pointe and I finished it in my junior year of high school.

6) What is your favorite thing about your personality?
My favorite thing is my ambitious determination.  Once I have my mind set on a prospect, I will do whatever it takes to achieve my goal and work with focused dedication.

7) What do you like more: sad books or funny books?
I like witty books, so I guess funny more than sad.

8) Do you speak more than one language? If so, what languages do you speak?
I studied Latin for nine years, so I can read it but we don't exactly speak Latin.  I am also learning French, so I know enough to carry on a conversation.

9) Can you share a picture of your handwriting, please?
This is from when I worked as the Hospitality Coordinator for the Do Hard Things: Rebelution tour with Alex and Brett Harris.

10) Who is your favorite author?
I can't pick one!  I love F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ray Bradbury.

11) Do you frequently read e-books or do you read more physical books?
REAL BOOKS.
I. DO. NOT. LIKE. E-BOOKS. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
They work for some people, but not me.  I love the feel of old books and I have a book collection.



And these are the new blogs that I nominate!










Bloggers, congratulations!  And here are your eleven questions!

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

2. Would you rather have the starring role in a movie only ten people see, or be an extra in a huge blockbuster hit?

3. If you could relive any day from the past year, what would it be and why?

4. What famous movie or book character do you identify with?

5. How would you describe your personality as a fashion accessory?

6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

7. If you had only one day left to live, what would you do?

8. What's a secret talent you have that most people don't know about?

9. Are you a morning or night person?

10. Why did you start blogging?

11. What's something you hope to accomplish or work towards this year?

Congratulations and thanks again to Ana! Now, I've got to go and inform the new bloggers of the nomination for the Liebster Award! (And don't forget to spread the word and link back to The Write Things!)

Love, Ciera ;)


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love that your friends call you Belle. I am also super jealous that you lived so close to Disney!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! And it's been so fun to grow up at Disney - my Dad works in marketing there, so we've lived in the Orlando area for as long as I can remember.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for replying, Ciera! Out of all of the Disney princesses I can relate the most to Belle, too. Congrats on being named the Outstanding First Year Student! 130,000 words? That is amazing! How long did it take you to write that, and what is it about, if you don't mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I love Ray Bradbury's writing style. His stories are kind of creepy, but his unique voice makes them memorable. I remember reading his stories for the first time in reading class last year and being both amazed and freaked out at the same time.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It took me about a year to write. Scarlet Pointe was my attempt at a historical fiction novel that was more of a mystery/thriller. Here's the brief synopsis: "With childhood scarred by family tragedy, Alison Parker and her cousin Monet Evans cling to their relative Grandfather Henry. When he discovers that he is dying, with far too much in debt to secure a suitable establishment for his granddaughters, Grandfather orders the two girls to run away to the countryside and seek refuge at his brother's estate Scarlet Pointe. The former high-society girls are thrown into the turbulent world of the Hampton family, with the enigmatic Mr. George Hampton. Trouble begins to brew when Mr. Hampton expresses shocking claims about the girls’ family and the lies that forever separated him from his brother Henry. Alison begins to unravel the mystery that comes to light, a tale of two brothers and the woman they both loved. Tragic, tangled pasts become clear with discoveries of terrible secrets, forcing these young women to fight to save the new home, Scarlet Pointe, reconcile lost families and change their lives forever." :) I later turned it into a short story, too, which became much more of a mystery/thriller than the original. It's called "The Visitor" and can be found under the "Samples Of My Work Part 2" tab on this page. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating me! :) I love Katniss too. ^ ^ I'm told I look a lot like her lol.

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete