articles

Get Paid to Write!!

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Happy Saturday to my bookish and literary friends.

Today is a short but very happy post.  I am excited to announce that I am a new contributing writer to WhatCulture.com, a site for film reviews and humorous media editorials.  My first article came out late yesterday, 10 Movies We Pretend We've Seen Just To Fit In.  So check out my article to see how many of the movies you've seen!

It's easy to apply to be a writer for WhatCulture.  You can get noticed, help build your platform, gain experience and get paid for your articles.  We are paid by page views, so if you like my article, please share and spread the word!!



This week's report:

Read: The Fault in Our Stars - in less than 24 hours.  I have mixed feelings regarding this book and Green's writing style, all of which I will share in my upcoming review of the book and movie.  So check back soon to see why I was not swooning over the enigmatic Augustus Waters.


Reading: Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief  - This is the third time I've started this book.  Let's see if I make it all the way through this time.


Writing: A new short story called Something Borrowed.  It's a sweet little tale about a girl, a pink coach and an old wedding dress.  I'll post a snippet soon.

Also, I have just introduced my mother and sister to my favorite TV show Downton Abbey.  Can I just say, I can't wait until the next season?!

I hope you are all having a great summer!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I read TFiOS quite quickly too, I loved it at the time but looking back I have doubts that it was as good as I first thought.

    Yay for Downtown Abbey, such a good show!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way. The book didn't really do much for me, especially after I thought back on what I'd just read. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Just received a payment for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get filling out paid surveys at home...

    So I took a video of myself getting paid over $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete