top ten tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday - Things You Should NEVER Say to a Writer

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hi.  My name is Ciera.  And I'm a writer.

As soon as those words come out of my mouth, I can usually expect the typical responses.  So if you're a budding writer, I'm sure you've heard at least one of these things that should never be said to an aspiring writer.

Ten things you should NEVER say to a young writer:


1. Writing is easy.



2. Wait...I'm confused.


3. That's not original.



4. You should get a real job.



5. Maybe you should just start a blog instead.



6. Won't you ever be finished?



7. Can I read it?



8. Hasn't that been done before?



9. You'll never make it.



10. I hate books.



Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Happy Top 10 Tuesday, everyone!!

-Ciera

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oh, my goodness. All of these are killer and I've heard pretty much all of them. It hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just ask where the clip in #9 is from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! Love numbers 1 and 7 especially!


    Alexa Skrywer
    alexaskrywer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete