fashion

Top 10 Tuesday - The "Writer" Bag

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

So I've decided to jump on the Top 10 Tuesday bandwagon, originally begun by the Broke and the Bookish.

Today's theme: The writer bag.

It must be big enough for a book.  Small enough to be carried lightly.  And, ideally it should have pockets for an array of pens. (You can never have too many with you.)  You never know when inspiration will strike — and the worst feeling is not having a pen and paper to jot it down!

So keep calm and carry your writer bag.

Here is a list of my top 10 favorite writer bags!  Be sure to comment below to vote for your favorite!



1.  Deliciously Deluxe

Chic. Vintage.  It has a relaxed look of a happy writer typing away in a little coffee shop.  For some reason, it reminds me of Skeeter in The Help.




2. The Writer Bag. Literally.

This is for the diehard fan in all of us!  This beautiful bag displays Virginia Woolf, Jane Austen, Emily Dickinson, Louisa May Alcott, Charlotte Bronte and more! This is for both readers and writers. Perfect for a book and a journal. :)




3. For the Beautifully Bookish

I really like the natural tones in this bag.  It's designed to look like a library shelf with classic book covers.  Again, perfect for the passionate reader!




4. Class and Sass

This bag is definitely a classic!  I like the simplicity of the black and white with the typewriter text scattered with loose pages.  Definitely realistic.




5. The World is a Book. So Travel.

 I'm a firm believer that we learn to write well by experiencing life and culture.  And what better way than by traveling?

As St. Augustine once said, “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”




6. Time to Write!

For anyone who loved reading Lewis Carroll books like the classic Alice in Wonderland!  There's something adorably quaint about this bag — not to mention its unique shape.





7. A Newsworthy Choice

Calling all journalists!  I'm in love with this tote because of its vintage quality.  It seems reminiscent of the good old days of print, reporting and newspaper stands on the streets. 




8. The Book Bag

I just can't contain how cute I think these bags are!  I liked them so much that I picked them both.






 9. The Tangled Satchel

For anyone who has seen Tangled...this bag reminds me of Flynn Rider's satchel!  And I'm kind of in love with it.  It's the perfect size for a book and a journal and it would be lovely for a stroll through Paris in the fall. 





10. Just My Type!

And...now for my favorite!  The Kate Spade typewriter bag!!  It's so beautiful!  While the leather satchel above is more my style, I chose this bag as my favorite because it's such a novelty.


So there you have it!  My favorite bags for writers and readers alike.  Thanks for checking out the Top 10 Tuesday!!

What's your favorite writer bag?

-Ciera



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, they're all so adorable!! How could I choose a favorite? 5, 6, both 8s, 9, oh I love all of them! Definitely useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3...but I love 9. they're all amazing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to say number 8, second photo. It's just...too perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one, too! Really, I just love them all. The one that I'd probably be most apt to use, though, is number 9.

      Delete