graduation

Time to Catch You Up!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Well, a great deal has happened in the past few months.  My life has changed drastically.  It's time to catch everyone up on what has been happening.  I will do this in a series of installments, since it's far too much to include all at once.

First of all, I GRADUATED!! 

High school is a formative time and I know that I really discovered my passions and ambitions, from debate to theatre to writing.


To celebrate, we had a 1940s themed graduation party with swing dancing!!  My Dad wore my grandfather's navy jacket from World War 2 and everything was decorated like a USO club.  




Doesn't my family look dashing?  I especially love the bow tie on my little brother Manning, who helped me teach the swing dancing at the party.  He's quite the little charmer.


The party was great fun!! And one thing that made it better was my new favorite possession: my typewriter.


Everyone, meet Ernest, a 1947 Royal Quiet Deluxe...the same kind of typewriter that the great legend Ernest Hemingway used.  I'm rather obsessed.  What could be better than a vintage piece of writing equipment?!  




This is my Italian leather "writer bag", which just completes the look. ;)

All in all, graduation (along with the epic party and the perfect gift) made for a great culmination to my senior year.  But little did I know what was in store for my summer as I kept training for the Distinguished Young Women National Finals!

So, for any readers out there...What would be your dream gift and why?  What does that say about your personality?

Have a blessed day!



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Congrats on graduation! Love the typewriter (I have a 1930's Remington "Remette", myself) and the bag is cool, too!

    I'm pretty sure my dream gift would be a trip to somewhere in Europe with my friends. Preferably Ireland or England, but I'll take what I can get :)

    And if that's a little too much to ask... I'll settle for books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! It's my dream to travel all across Europe—I'm hoping that I can study in England in a few years.

    So what do you write, Laura?

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write a little bit of everything. Fiction, poetry, journal entries, etc. I'm currently trying to write some short stories for a book an artist friend and I are putting together (my writing and her illustrations). As far as genre...it's kind of hard to pin down. Maybe "real life with a bit of mystery." Hope that answers your question! I never know what to say when people ask me that. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I also really like writing historical fiction, but I haven't quite got the hang of that whole research aspect, yet...

    ReplyDelete