Columbia Tournament, NCFCA

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Hello everyone!

I have been very busy getting into the speech and debate season.  What a joy it is to speak for the Lord and share messages of hope!!

By the grace of God, I had a fairly successful tournament, winning Lincoln Douglas debate finals and taking first place in two of my speeches, second in another and also winning the all-around speech award called "sweepstakes."  It was such an amazing experience to debate in finals - I am truly grateful for all God has given me.

At this tournament, I competed in an Illustrated Oratory (10 minute speech with visual aids) on Dr. Seuss and the political messages in his books, as well as a Biographical Narrative on the life of Anne Sullivan.  In addition, I competed in Original Interpretation, where I wrote a skit on the life of Flynn Rider from Tangled.  I also participated in Apologetics and Extemporaneous, limited preparation events.

The NCFCA has truly changed my life.  I have learned how to command the public platform and speak to an audience.  Through debate, I have discovered how to cultivate opinions and support my beliefs through rhetoric.  I strongly encourage any homeschool student to participate.

Blessings,

~Ciera

Me and my lovely mother

My dear friend Tess Carr

You Might Also Like

0 comments