Training Minds Debate Camp

Monday, October 08, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone!

I have been away at the Training Minds debate camp this week, intensively studying Lincoln Douglas value debate.  We've been studying up on Thomas Hobbes, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, John Locke, Immanuel Kant and many others.  I'm SO tired but I have learned so much!






So...let's look at the main "voting issues" from today's case: 1) Training Minds is awesome.  The coaches have such a heart for God and a desire to train up young debaters to think critically and speak articulately.  Their ministry is truly blessing people and changing lives.  2) Debate is amazing.  I firmly believe that debate is a skill that everyone should learn.  My experience in speech and debate tournaments has equipped with the confidence to take on the world and support my own opinions and beliefs.

Interested in learning more about speech and debate?  Visit www.trainingminds.org for camp information and www.ncfca.org for more info about the Christian tournament league.  

Sincerely,

-Ciera

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your sister at the Orlando Debate Camp. The coaches and I will be back next year, and I expect us all to be talking about the great things Ciera Horton is doing in her life. "Trained for Action!"

    ReplyDelete