NaNoWriMo

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Greetings fellow writers!

It's that time of year again...I'm about to embark on thirty days of literary abandon...plus tech week...plus my fall show.  No big deal.


What am I talking about?  NaNoWriMo!

For any amateur or experienced writer, NaNoWriMo is a great opportunity.  It stands for the National Novel Writing Month - November.  You have to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.  It sounds daunting.  But I'm up for the challenge.

I've been compiling my plot outline and character sketches - so I know what my story is already.  And I'm excited!  My novel is very nonlinear...so we'll see how it goes and I may post excerpts along the way! ;)

For more info, check out www.nanowrimo.org

Write on!

-Ciera

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow! Instant respect :D I have friends who are into theatre and I know how much of a time suck that can be. I've always wanted to do NaNoWriMo, and I was thinking about attempting it this year, but the due date for the Scholastic Art & Writing awards is Novemeber 30th, so I chose to work on that instead. Good luck on your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This is actually my first year - I was going to attempt last year but I just was too busy.

    Good luck for the Scholastic Art and Writing competition! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also taking part in NaNoWriMo, Ciera. ;) Best of luck to...the both of us, I guess!

    ReplyDelete