creativity

Doubting Creativity

Friday, August 17, 2012

“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” - Sylvia Plath



Unfortunately, I used to be that writer who doubted everything she wrote.  I had grand dreams of being in print - but I kept my writing a secret.  For years, no one knew about my many stories.  When I finally let everyone know, I was about thirteen years old.  Since then, everything has changed!  My family has been amazingly supportive and I've grown so much as a writer.

In moments of inspiration, do you ever doubt yourself?  Have you ever written something and then deleted it because you didn't think it was good enough?

What are some things you can do to overcome this when you're writing?

Write on!

-Ciera

You Might Also Like

0 comments