Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I know, I know...I'm a little late on reading this book.  But I'm so excited about it, considering how much everyone has been talking about Katniss and Peeta.

My brother Manning gave me the book (in hardback) for my birthday.  I had started it a few months ago but due to my hectic schedule and work with our spring musical of Singin' in the Rain, I was unable to finish it.  Now, I'm back in and I can't wait to find out what happens!

I will say that I do admire Suzanne Collins' original style.  It was quite brilliant to write in first person POV with present tense - most books, I'd say, are third person limited perspective.  That alone makes her book stand out.  In addition, her storyline is ingenious and, because I love history, I am captivated by the historical elements that are woven into the story, such as "gladiator arena fights" that resemble the actual games.

So...here I go, embarking on this book!  I'll let you know what I think when I finish it!
Write on!

-Ciera


You Might Also Like

0 comments