Hunger Games

Playing Katniss

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hello, everyone!

So I'm spending the week in Jackson, Georgia with my grandparents.  They have a white house in the old deep South.  Behind their house, they have a large stretch of woods and a lake where we used to fish as young children.  I've spent so many blissful days at this place!  It's practically my second home!

Well, I was reading Mockingjay, which is amazing by the way, when my cousin Lauren asked me to do a photo shoot with her, which has become tradition for us.  And so...we decided to a Hunger Games themed shoot!  We found an old bow and arrow set in the barn and I got dressed up like Katniss.  (We'll have to do it again sometime when we actually have the Mockingjay pen and when I really have a costume.)  But this is what we came up with on the spur of the moment.

I kind of like it!  I'm much shorter than Jennifer Lawrence but I still had a lot of fun.  It felt really cool to walk through the forest with a bow and arrow — it was almost as if I stepped right out of the book!

So I spent the afternoon playing Katniss Everdeen in the woods.  And it was awesome.

Blessings!

-Ciera

You Might Also Like

0 comments