bread

Hunger Games Review

Friday, July 20, 2012

So....
I finished reading the Hunger Games today.  I couldn't put it down!  When I finished, I just didn't know what to do with myself.  And so I went into the kitchen and made homemade bread.  Yup.  And it was delicious.



And now for my actual review of the book.  First and foremost, Suzanne Collins is an absolute genius at storytelling.  Her plot was brilliant.  Her characters were not just ink on a page but became living, breathing people with fears, joys and pain.  While her actual writing style is not traditionally my favorite, it definitely worked for this story, as it immersed the reader into the world of the Games.  You were no longer just reading a book but you were there with Katniss fighting for dear life.  For believability and ingenuity, I give Collins five gold stars.

There were a couple times when I would have preferred more information on exactly how Katniss is feeling and not as much on what she's actually doing.  I would like to know how she feels about Peeta and what really prompted her to change opinions of him and why she feels torn between Peeta and Gale.  I know these questions will likely be resolved in the next two books (which I am starting tonight.)  Regardless, I feel like addressing a few of these points would have kept the reader better informed on Katniss' emotional state during the fight in the arena.

STILL, this book was amazing and now sits on my list of favorite books ever.  It is a story I will not forget, as I was truly captivated into the world of Panem.

I would highly recommend this story to any reader, only with a caution as far as age, considering that a few scenes are rather violent.
What do you think about the Hunger Games?

Write on!

-Ciera

You Might Also Like

0 comments